Tonight we wanted a quick, light dessert to satiate our sweet-tooth. I was going to make a chocolate tofu mousse but was put off by the refrigeration time. So; some frozen banana and a few minutes later we had ourselves a dessert. 🙂
Chilled Banana & Cocoa Mousse
● 2 medium bananas, chopped & frozen
● 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
● 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Place bananas in a bowl while still frozen or cold. (I put the bag of frozen bananas under the hot tap to make it easier to remove from the bag and to blend up.)
2. Blend with an electric hand blender until smooth and no lumps remain. Do this quickly to keep the dessert chilled.
3. Add in the cocoa powder & maple syrup and blend again until combined.
4. Have a little taste and add in more cocoa powder, maple syrup or flavorings to your taste.
5. Spoon into dessert bowls and serve
I am going to try out some different flavours soon. I think mint would work well.
From my ASUS ME572C to you