I wanted a really quick dessert and i really wanted to use some semolina to make some kind of pudding because I’ve never made it before.
- 50g semolina
- 1x 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tsp vitalite
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Add semolina and coconut milk yo a pan and whisk to combine while heating it up slowly for roughly 2 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients & stir continuously. Cook on medium beat and do not let it boil.
- Cook for about 4 mins on medium heat until thickened & add a splash of soy milk if you want.
- Pour into ramekins and enjoy warm or leave to set in fridge for a few hours
*Eat within 24hrs
This recipe is lovely, Autumn-y, tasty & really cheap. Super good for dinner parties and can be customised. Try the following flavour combos:
- Sliced banana and maple with nutmeg and toasted pecans
- Safron and pistachio
- Coconut and berry
- Almond milk with toasted almond flakes, maple syrup and maybe some sliced banana too.
However you make it, feel free to mix it up and replace the maple syrup with sugars or other syrups for different flavours. If you change it to powdered sugar then (1) make sure it’s vegan and (2) be aware that it could firm up the recipe a bit so you may need a splash more milk or water.