I bought 2 leeks from the corner shop for 12p and thought they’d be a good investment. It turned into a great activity for my toddler and a great soup that’ll do us a few meals. Recipe below!
Leek & Potato Soup
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, cut lengthwise then chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 leeks, trimmed and cut lengthwise then sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1x 400g tin of butterbeans
- 1L stock
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soya milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dairy free Flora
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dried chives and pepper for garnish (Optional)
- hand blender
- slow cooker
- Heat oil in a large pan. When hot add the onion and celery. Cook for about 2 minutes on a medium heat while stirring regularly.
- Add in the potatoes, leeks and garlic cloves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mix to the slow cooker. Add in the rest of the ingredients, except for the chives.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours
- Whizz up with a stick blender until smooth
- Serve and garnish with a bit of chives and pepper, if using